Message in a bottle



Life is like a little message in a bottle to be carried by winds, tides and faith that it will reach to the destined person.

Leo told me you wrote a letter, put it in a bottle and threw it in water for the tides to take control before it reached me. He said it thrilled you.

In my anticipation, I am always at the seashore waiting for the note you wrote to me. In fact, I bought a house on the shore so that I could spend the entire day waiting for your letter to wash away on the shore. 

Earlier I was angry with you. I always had questions in my heart as to Why did you have to leave? Couldn't you wait until we saw each other one last time before you go sailing?

But then I remember you saying, the sea has its own way of making lovers meet. And that I'm your second love, the sea being the first.

It is 6 years since you last visited. In these years I received 3 goodbye notes of sailors and one love note but not yours. I wrote to you 312 letters. One every week. And still didn't get any reply. I hope it at least  reached you. 

Few years after you left, the government did a lot of good for people. Everyone has a telephone in their house, I bought one too, I gave Leo my number thinking if you ever call him, he can share my number to you. Something called Wi-Fi has been enabled in our village. Children don't play on the streets anymore. On my 40th birthday, the Mascarenhas family gifted me a laptop. Allen is ten now. He made a Facebook account for me. Everybody is addicted to the virtual world. To be honest I feel old already. 

I saw the news that few ships sunk and people are missing. I asked Leo to track the ship you were in.

This morning Leo called and told  me that it was your ship and that the sailors were missing. But he also told me that there is nothing to worry about as you were a champion in swimming.

I keep gazing at the sea. I love its waves. It leaps up and pummels repeatedly. 

The sea has started to give me hope. Every ebb of wave brings in all sorts of things. An abandoned watch, a box of memories, rings and a message in a  bottle.

On the 30th of January, I woke up hearing a sound, it was 4.30 am. I saw a few bottles on shore, I gushed there and collected all bottles and started reading it one by one. It were your letters. I wept in joy.

Couldn't sleep that night. Next day morning, I saw something wash away on shore, I ran only to see you, Edward. You were right. Sea has its own way to make lovers meet.


Leo was wrong, you aren't that good at swimming are you?

Comments

  1. I felt the love, the faith. I felt for every bit of explanation..U are awesome Pooji!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you experienced every bit of emotion. Means a lot!

      Delete
  2. Excellent Art of Presenting Blog. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Message in a bottle" as I read everything felt so realistic. It's fantastic����

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I will meet you there

Don't Let them Define You

Star Dust