The Last Fall

Image courtesy: Google

Every time you push me,
You think you are protecting me.
But those harsh words
That you utter, pierce me
And I love you a little less,
Than I used to

Every time you hurt me
Mentally and emotionally,
I am just glad that you don’t
Hurt me physically.
But I realise little by little that
Bruises heal,
but wounds given by you doesn’t.
I just hide it under the carpet of my heart.

Every time I say something,
You stop me by saying I am not good enough,
You burn me with your speech and
Hurt me by saying you can leave me anytime,
I feel the love inside me is dying.
And I fear the day
when I wouldn’t feel for you anymore.

Every time you say,
I can’t do one thing properly.
I get a montage of those several thousand,
Good things I did that you failed to notice.
Yet, I keep quiet,
Coz I think there is a little love left.

But what happens when that little portion
Dries up too?
What happens when the feelings die?
What happens when the fresh flowers you give
Looks stale to me?
What if the love you show me then,
Feels fake?
What then?

Comments

  1. Questions may be unanswered but the words pierce like a bullet through the heart.....very well thought and written....!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True. Words has the power to break someone. Thank you.

      Delete
  2. Nice one..very well thoughts put into words..keep writing..

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I will meet you there

Don't Let them Define You

Star Dust