Leaf of Memory


Picture Courtesy: Siddhi Gheewala

One leaf for every memory you said giving me the first leaf. Amazed at how different you were. I always wondered how other couples gave flowers and chocolates to each other but we never did. Honestly, that never bothered me.

While others joined the rat race there we were together in a box house, sharing hugs and kisses. Do you remember how we used to bid goodbyes to the sunrises and sunsets and how sipping our black coffees made our day better? Do you remember how we lived only to embrace nature? I miss those times that we spent running behind waves of our laughter and smiles. Oh, do you also remember how caring for our horses and goats made our days better?

I remember asking you, why did you choose to give me a leaf, what you said next is something I can never forget. You said leaf because it resembles life, and you are my life. You said leaf because it doesn’t have the burden of expectation that it has to bloom. Leaf because it lives even after it dies in dairies, journals and books. That day it did not make sense.

Today, 12years after you are gone, I thought of reading our book of love. The one we read and re-read hundreds of thousands of times. As I sit rocking on my rocking chair. A tear makes its way out of my eye but I still have a smile on my face.

Today everything you said that day made sense. The leaf is alive in my book, so is our memories of love life and laughter. Now all I wish is to spend the rest of my life viewing this film of memories. The leaf of memory did show me a montage of our memories without any expectation of them to stay.

I wish to join you soon and I hope you have already kept a place for me to sit beside you, like old times.

P.S I will see you soon. I love you until the end of time. Until the end of the line, today and always.

Comments

  1. Noone else in this world can put down my thoughts into words as beautifully as you do.
    You always end up giving altogether a new meaning to my clicks.
    Thanks so much Love ❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for inspiring me to write with your clicks.

      Delete
  2. This is so beautifully written. I enjoyed reading it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I will meet you there

Don't Let them Define You

Star Dust